I am super excited for my upcoming trip to Seattle, WA to attend the NAIS Annual Conference 2012. The theme for this year’s conference is Innovation. As the tech teacher, I feel like this was destined to be my conference choice for the year. The opening keynote is Bill Gates and the “Tiger Mother”, Amy Chua, speaks on Friday. Talk about Rockstars!! I’m never completely committed to my sessions until the day of, but here’s what I’m looking at right now….
- Bill Gates Keynote
- 1:1 iPad for Elementary Students
- Leading People Through Change OR How to Move Traditional Faculty Members to Innovation Using their Strengths
- Rethinking Professional Development OR Creating Curriculum Change for Global Competence in the 21st C.
- Innovative Schools, Innovative Students (led by Jonathan Martin)
- Innovator’s Challenge Promotes Cross-Curricular Collaboration and Innovation OR Religion in Independent Schools: Innovations in Multicultural Education
- Moving the Mountain: Changing Faculty Cultures from Within OR Measuring What We Value: 21st Century Assessment Tools
- Closing Session with Amy Chua
I plan to stay on an extra day in Seattle to attend EDCampIS. An EdCamp for Independent School Educators! I attended EDCamp Philly last year and found it to be one of the BEST professional development experiences of my career.