This week in the World Read Aloud Day Blog Challenge we ware answer questions called Now and Then. Thinking about ourselves as a ten year old and today.
Now & Then
1. I think everyone in the world should read…
When I was 10: The Babysitter’s Club and the sports section of The Baltimore Sun.
Now: Anything they can get their hands on. Every genre of Book, Magazines, Newspapers, Online Journals, Comic Books, anything and everything to read deeply and widely. Read to learn, read to grow, read to enjoy, read!
2. If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be…
When I was 10: My Mom
Now: My Mom
3. When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is…
When I was 10: Cheer Bear
Now: Tina Fey in Bossypants or any form of British character
4. The genre that takes up the most room on my bookshelf (or e-reader) is…
When I was 10: tween fiction
Now: In the office-nerdy teacher books about change management and sociology of schooling. In the bedroom-fiction, for sure.
5. The last book I wish I’d written or inspired me to write my own story is…
When I was 10: Are you there God, it’s me Margaret?
Now: The Alchemist